Steps for Transferring In

  1. Speak with your current international student adviser about your possible transfer to International Educational Center. Make sure you have completed your current program and do not have an outstanding balance or any other issues with your current institution.
  2. Obtain the transfer form from International Educational Center . You can have it faxed, mailed or emailed to the address you provide.
  3. Submit the transfer form to your current international student adviser. Once the transfer form is filled out and signed, your current foreign-student adviser should first fax and then mail it to International Educational Center.
  4. Fill out an application form, register for your chosen program, choose your payment plan.
  5. Provide copies of statements of your financial support. You may either:
  • Submit an original statement from your bank account
  • if you have an American resident or citizen as your sponsor, have him or her fill out affidavit of support (I-134 form) and submit his or her bank statement
  • if you have a sponsor who resides in your country, have your sponsor write a sponsorship letter (in English) and submit his or her bank statement. In the sponsorship letter your sponsor should clearly state that he or she will cover all your tuition, and living and medical expenses

An International Educational Center international student adviser will notify the USCIS of your transfer and issue you a new I-20 form. If you plan to leave the United States during the transfer, consult foreign-student advisers in both institutions.

You can also transfer from International Educational Center to a new institution if it is permitted by the INS to enroll F-1 students. If you want to transfer from the International Educational Center to another institution, notify an International Educational Center International Student Advisor at least a month before your transfer. Make sure that you complete the sessions you paid for before your transfer.

More Useful Info on How to Maintain a Nonimmigrant Status