How to Apply for F-1 Status

  1. Call us or simply come to the center and consult our international student advisor. 
    Fill out an application form, register for your chosen program.
  2. Provide copies of statements of your financial support
  • Submit an original statement from your bank account
  • If you have an American resident or citizen as your sponsor, have him or her fill out the affidavit of support (I-134 form) and submit his or her bank statement
  • If you have a sponsor who resides in your country, have your sponsor write a sponsorship letter (in English) and submit his or her bank statement. In the sponsorship letter your sponsor should clearly state that he or she will cover all of your tuition, living and medical expenses.
  1. Write a letter (in English) explaining why you decided to study in the United States.
  2. Submit your current address in the US and your permanent address in your home country.
  3. Fill out and sign an I-539 Form (Application for Change of Non-Immigrant Status). 
    The student adviser will assist you in filling out this form.
  4. Submit a personal check or a money order in the sum of $370 addressed to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). All your submitted documents and I-20 student Form will be sent to USCIS. Your approval depends entirely on the specifics of your case, your current status, and USCIS officer's decision.