Applying for F-1 Student Visa from Abroad

1. Provide copies of statements of your financial support.

  • Submit an original statement from your bank account

  • If you have an American resident or citizen as your sponsor, have him or her fill out the affidavit of support (I-134 form) and submit his or her bank statement

  • If you have a sponsor who resides in your country, have your sponsor write a sponsorship letter (in English) and submit his or her bank statement. In the sponsorship letter your sponsor should clearly state that he or she will cover all your tuition, living and medical expenses

2. Make a copy of the first page of your international travel passport.

3. Fax these documents to (847) 813-6084

4. After having received these documents, we will send you a visa package with the following documents: an I-20 student form, receipt of payment, and instructions. With this visa package and your current valid travel passport, you can apply for the F-1 student visa at the US embassy or consulate in your area.

5. Fill out an on-line application form.