Each year Americans celebrate Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in November. This begins the most wonderful time of the year; when it is finally acceptable to turn up the Christmas music and start to think about the winter holidays. On this day, family members gather around the table to give thanks for the harvest and many blessings that have happened during the year. As Thanksgiving is about gratitude, here are several of my reasons to give thanks on this day:
- I'm thankful for the opportunity life has given me to study English here in the U.S.
- Thank you for my amazing family, as they encouraged, motivated, and inspired me; asking nothing in return.
- I know it sounds cliche, but I'm really thankful for my good health.
- I'm grateful for a school where I am able to make such good friends, who have helped me a lot.
- I'm thankful for my teachers and the time and effort that they spend with me, and all their support and advice.
- Not to sound silly but I'm grateful for my mistakes. Every mistake has made me stronger and wiser. They are my life lessons.
- I'm also thankful for a little things in life that remind me of just how lucky I am.
What are you most grateful for? There is ALWAYS time to give thanks, even if there are many upsetting things going on in your life.
So, as the turkey says, “Gobble! Gobble!”
And don't forget to look for blessings every single day!
~ Tatiana Zacon